The Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Act, 2020
Even though the matter is sub judice the Haryana State government has not only notified Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Rules, 2021 (HSELC Rules) as per The Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Act, 2020 (HSELC Act) but also launched a portal (https://local.hrylabour.gov.in/) to ensure the compliance as per the HSELC Act.
Some important points for the compliances:
- Please login to the Portal https://local.hrylabour.gov.in/ to register as an employer. If you already have the login ID and password of https://hrylabour.gov.in, you have to use the same credentials.
- The reservation is given for the employees drawing monthly gross salary up to Rs 30,000/= (per month).
- Once the Registration has been completed by employer. The employer has to enroll all the employees drawing monthly gross salary up to Rs 30,000/= (per month).
- The employee also has to register themselves on the same portal.
- There is a provision where the employer can apply for an exemption if the concerned authority found reasonable ground can give exemption which shall be valid for one year only.
An important order ref No.Lab/2022/HSELC/spl-01 to 03 dated 17.01.2022 has been issued by Labour department where exemption has been given to the following category of employers.
- Vacancies in new Startups and new Information Technology (IT) / Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) of new employers for a period of two year from the date of commencement of work or business or manufacturing process; (employer who has established or has commenced its operation within a period of two years, after the commencement of HSELC Act.
- Short term employment, the total duration of which is less than forty-five days;
- Vacancies under any employer, who primarily engage in agriculture activities, such as growing/harvesting of field crops, fruits, nuts, seeds, vegetables, tea, coffee or raising animals, growing and harvesting of fish or other animals from a farm, ranch, or their natural habitats but does not include any agricultural allied activity which involves therein manufacturing, trading, processing of agriculture products or produce or covered under the definition of establishment, as defined under sub-clause (viii) of section 2 of the Haryana Shops and Commercial Act, 1958 (Punjab Act 15 of 1958) or Factory, as defined under sub-clause (m) of section 2 of the Factories Act, 1948 (Central Act 63 of 1948);
- Vacancies under any employer for domestic work or services in residential homes;
- Vacancies, which are being filled up through promotion or transfer or by absorption of surplus staff of any unit of the same employer in the State; and
- Any class, post, skill, and category of employment, as may be notified by the Government from time to time, where the Local Candidates of the desired skill, qualification, or proficiency required in such employment are not available.
Click to Download Notifications
Tags: haryana labour law, haryana labour law act